|Happy New Year eteamz Admins, |
With the surpassing
of over 2.5 million teams over the holidays, we are thrilled to announce
the release of more than 15 new game, practice and calendar event
features! You now have access to features that greatly improve the
organization, speed of updating and appearance of your Web site.
Some features are available to both no cost and PLUS Web
sites (PLUS only features are noted in the details
below). PLUS sites include a long discussed and
anticipated Import/Export feature for games, practices and calendar
Please use the information below as a guide to the new
features when adding and editing content in your Web site Admin. There are new help icons provided in the
Admin if you need more information or
assistance with these new features. You can always contact eteamz
Support for anything you need.
New General Features
New Recurring Event Features (PLUS sites
- Add your list of events, games and practices to the top or bottom of
your home page (this option is in the Welcome Mesg section of the
Web site Admin).
- Create event categories to organize your events by type. PLUS
sites can identify each category with an icon. Choose from our library
or upload your own image to use as a category icon.
- Add all day events and events that span a period of days (no times
- Choose calendar event location from previously entered locations.
- Upload an image to include with a specific calendar event.
- Export/Import games, practices and calendar events (PLUS
Import: You can download a proprietary
template file that can be filled out with calendar events to be uploaded
to your eteamz site. You will use a similar template to upload games and
practices. Depending on the type of site, and the type of event,
different fields are required and available to fill out.
format of the file is a plain text file with one record per line and all
fields separated by commas. This type of file usually ends with the file
extension .txt or .csv. Any text editor can be used to open and edit
these files, and many spreadsheet applications, such as Microsoft Excel,
can present them in columnar format for easier viewing.
import a file, click Upload from
File in the Games, Practices or Calendar
section of your Admin. Full instructions
and templates are provided in these sections.
can export games, practices and calendar events directly from your live
Web site pages using the new export links in the upper right of the
Games, Practices, and Calendar pages.
NOTE: Calendar events will be exported in
our proprietary format. You can then import the file to Outlook or
modify the file to your specifications and add to your PDA or other
- Create or add shared events (PLUS
sites only). Shared Event = A calendar event or practice you have
the option of adding to your site calendar.
sites have the option to enter shared events (calendar events only) to
share with sub-sites.
Sub-sites have the option to enter shared
events (practices and calendar events) to share with the
NOTE: games are always shared with the
league or sub-site. Sub-sites can only add or edit games in which they
When adding a single event, League/Organization
sites have the option to share or not share the event with sub-sites.
NOTE: To share a specific
event, the event category in which you are adding the event must be a
shared category. You can select this option when adding or editing an
- Locations and teams can be TBA, but no games with TBA teams can be
- Add holidays automatically to your site calendar. Click Add Shared
Event within the Calendar section of your Admin and proceed to select the 2006 eteamz
Holiday Calendar category.
- Mass delete of games, practices and calendar events.
- League sites can show or hide sub-site practice schedules from the
League calendar (within the Practice section of the Admin Schedules folder).
New Features When Viewing Events On the Live Web
- Add specific amount of days or months between events when adding
daily, weekly, monthly or yearly recurring events.
- Manually add a list of dates to post special recurring event dates.
- Show/Hide all recurring events when viewing and editing.
NOTE: Recurring features apply
only to practice and calendar events. There are no recurring game
options to ensure there are no complications.
- Site visitors can export games, practices, and calendar events
directly from your live Web site pages using the new export links in the
upper right of Games, Practices and Calendar pages
events will be exported in our proprietary format. Visitors can then
import the file to Outlook or modify the file to their specifications
and add to their PDA or other calendar application.
- Event information "pop-up" windows will always display the home and
visiting team, even if there is a game name. Any image associated with
an event will be displayed.
- Month links have been added to the top of the calendar.
- Cancelled and rescheduled games and practices will be noted on the
- The look and arrangement of the event/game/practice display on your
Web site home page is more attractive and organized.